Established by INASP in 2007. Managed by Tribhuvan University Central Library.
Nepal Journals Online (NepJOL) is a service to provide online publication of Nepalese journals. For more information about NepJOL and how to join the service, see the About page.
Aims and Scope
Education and Development publishes articles on education at any level and includes all concerns of education including policy, planning, curriculum, pedagogy and non-formal education.
The journal is published annually.
Peer Review Process
- The papers (manuscripts) are collected after giving notice publicly.
- The papers are screened to see the general format, whether the length is appropriate, the citations and referencing is proper or not, and how appropriate the writing seems to be, etc.
- The papers that are screened out are coded – whereby the writer of manuscript is omitted, then the manuscript is identified only by code (but the title of the paper is kept as it is)
- The papers are sent to the expert for peer review – where the reviewer is made anonymous to the author of manuscript, and even to the anybody else in the office (except for the Chief Editor authorized by the Publication Committee of CERID). Peer review form is provided to the reviewer and the reviewer gives judgement and feedback in the form (the form is as attached). Till now one expert has thoroughly reviewed the manuscript but we are planning to get the review done by double reviewers.
- When the peer reviewer sends their judgement and feedback on the paper, the Editorial Board decides whether the paper is acceptable or not. If it is acceptable and publishable as it is (with no need for rewriting), it is sent to language editor for finalization. But if there are suggestions for improvement given by reviewer, the Chief Editor (or editor, as authorized by Publication Committee) sits with the author and presents the feedbacks/comments and remarks given by the reviewer. The manuscript is improvised in this way.
- Finally, the language of all the papers processed through the steps mentioned above is edited thoroughly, thus the paper is ready for printing.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Sources of Support
The journal is supported by the Research Centre for Educational Innovation and Development (CERID) at Tribhuvan University.
Research Centre for Educational Innovation and Development (CERID)