Established by INASP in 2007. Managed by Tribhuvan University Central Library.
Nepal Journals Online (NepJOL) is a service to provide online publication of Nepalese journals. For more information about NepJOL and how to join the service, see the About page.
About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Journal of Agriculture and Forestry University is published by the Agriculture and Forestry University, Rampur, Chitwan, Nepal. The main aim of this journal is to publish the original research findings in the field of Plant Science, Animal Science, Aquaculture, Veterinary Science, Forestry, Environmental Science, and Social Science.
The Journal of Agriclture and Forestry University is published annually.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The articles in JAFU are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. This license allows reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format for noncommercial purposes only, and only so long as attribution is given to the creator.
Subscription for Hard Copies
SAARC member countries - 10 US Dollar
Other countries -15 US Dollar
AFU faculty - NRs. 200/-
AFU students - NRs. 100/-
Other Nepalese citizens - NRs. 300
Other organization in Nepal - NRs. 500/-
Mode of Payment: By Bank Draft or Cheque on Bank of Kathmandu, Narayangarh, Chitwan, Nepal. It should be addressed to AFU-Directorate of Research and Extension (Exp), Rampur, Chitwan, Nepal.
Authors are required to transfer their copyright to the Agriculture and Forestry University (AFU), Rampur, Chitwan, Nepal.
Peer Review Process
The Journal of Agriculture and Forestry University is peer reviewed journal. Peer review is the collaborative process that allows manuscripts submitted to a journal to be evaluated and commented upon by independent experts within the same field of research. Upon receipt, manuscripts are assessed for their suitability for publication by the editorial staff. Only the manuscripts meeting the journal’s general criteria for consideration are sent out for review. The manuscript is sent to at least two external reviewers (outside the editorial board), the review process takes 2-3 months.
The reviewers are expected to evaluate a manuscript for critical analysis. While preparing the reviewers’ reports, we ask our reviewers to:
- To ensure that the manuscript has meet the publication standards, journal’s scope and fit in the subject criteria of the journal.
- comment on the originality and novelty of the presented work,
- comment on whether the manuscript presents the most recent literatures on the topic discussed,
- evaluate the authors’ experimental or theoretical approach to the discussed problem(s),
- evaluate the reliability of the results and validity of the conclusions,
- comment on technical aspects of the paper, such as the statistical analyses,
- inform us whether we should consider the manuscript further and what should be done in order to make it publishable (if that is possible),
- describe the significance that the work has for the scientific community,
- please, DO NOT put your name, affiliation or address in the review.
Sources of Support and Publisher
Agriculture and Forestry University, Rampur, Chitwan, Nepal.
Agriculture and Forestry University is not responsible for statements and opinion published in the Journal; they represent the views of authors, or person to whom they are credited, and are not necessarily those of the university, or the Editors.