Nepali Migrant Labourers are Highly Exposed to Unsafe Sexual Behaviour
Keywords:Age, India, Nepali migrant labourers, Pornographic events, sexual behaviour
INTRODUCTION: Unsafe sexual behavior between two partners may lead to incidence of STDs/HIV/ AIDS and can create serious problems in society. Both biological and behavioural variables are playing significant role to determine sexual activities of humans and result may end the probability that infection will occur after unsafe sexual contact between a susceptible and infected partner.
OBJECTIVES : To study high risk sexual behaviour among the Nepali migrant labourers in India.
METHODS: A cross-sectional survey of 240 Nepali migrant labourers temporarily residing in India was carried out. A brief interview schedule was used tocollect information.
RESULTS : Most of the Nepali migrant workers (below 30 years) were involved in high risk sexual behaviour. 74.58 percent were exposure to unsafe physical relation.
CONCLUSION: Migrants labourers below 30 years with no formal education were involved in high risk behaviour and they could be exposed to STDs/HIV/AIDS.
Journal of Universal College of Medical Sciences Vol.1(2) 2013: 20-23
How to Cite
Authors have to give the following undertakings along with their article:
- I/we declare that this article is original and has not been submitted to another journal for publication.
- I/we declare that I/we surrender all the rights to the editor of the journal and if published will be the property of the journal and we will not publish it anywhere else, in full or part, without the permission of the Chief Editor.
- Institutional ethical and research committee clearance certificate from the institution where work/research was done, is required to be submitted.
- Articles in the Journal are Open Access articles published under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/)
- This license permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, and it is not used for commercial purposes.