Embedded Metallic Bangle in Vagina
Keywords:Embedded bangle, Pessary, Prolapse
BACKGROUND: Uterovaginal prolapse is a very common morbidity among Indian women. Vaginal pessaries still have role in the management of uterovaginal prolapse. Long forgotten pessaries get incarcerated in the vagina and their removal poses problems. A 65 year old postmenopausal lady presented with pain lower abdomen and thin vaginal discharge. Speculum examination revealed embedded metallic bangle in the vagina. Attempts at removal by gentle traction resulted in pain. Metallic bangle was removed under general anaesthesia and biopsy from the overlying tissue revealed no evidence of malignancy. Vaginal pessary gives symptomatic relief and does not cause any discomfort, women tend to forget it. This case report is unique as here ordinary metallic bangle was used as a vaginal pessary and in spite of long duration it did not cause much discomfort or any serious complication.
Journal of Universal College of Medical Sciences (2014) Vol.2(2): 46-48
How to Cite
Authors have to give the following undertakings along with their article:
- I/we declare that this article is original and has not been submitted to another journal for publication.
- I/we declare that I/we surrender all the rights to the editor of the journal and if published will be the property of the journal and we will not publish it anywhere else, in full or part, without the permission of the Chief Editor.
- Institutional ethical and research committee clearance certificate from the institution where work/research was done, is required to be submitted.
- Articles in the Journal are Open Access articles published under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/)
- This license permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, and it is not used for commercial purposes.