Established by INASP in 2007. Managed by Tribhuvan University Central Library.
Nepal Journals Online (NepJOL) is a service to provide online publication of Nepalese journals. For more information about NepJOL and how to join the service, see the About page.
About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Nepal Journal of Civil Engineering is a national, multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed academic journal for delivering and discussing original and current research results concerning the engineering and technological solutions of problems related to Civil Engineering. The aim of the journal is to:
- Disseminate original, scientific, theoretical or applied research in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Dispense a platform for publishing results and research with a strong empirical component.
- Aqueduct the significant gap between research and practice by promoting the publication of original, novel, industry-relevant research.
- Seek original and unpublished research papers based on theoretical or experimental works for the publication globally.
- Publish original, theoretical and practical advances in Civil Engineering fields.
- Solicit original and unpublished research papers, based on theoretical or experimental works.
The journal publishes articles on the following topics:
- Building Materials and Structures
- Computational Mechanics
- Physical and Computational Models in Civil Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Construction Technology
- Properties of Engineering Materials
- Structural and Design Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Information Technologies in Civil Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Disaster Risk Management
The Nepal Journal of Civil Engineering publishes two issues a year.
Open Access Policy
All the materials published in the journal are freely accessible to all. Reproduction of the part or entire content is allowed only when written consent from the publisher is obtained. The original source should be cited in reproduction as well as copying.
The Nepal Journal of Civil Engineering is a double-blind peer reviewed international journal.
- Once the authors submit their manuscript, the Editor-in-Chief screens the quality of the manuscript. Thereafter, a handling editor is assigned who is responsible for inviting at leas two renowned experts in the similar filed. In this process, the handling editor knows the reviewers as well as the authors, but the authors and reviewers do not know each other.
- Once at least two reviewers send their feedback about the manuscript, the handling editor makes a decision regarding revision or rejection. If the handling editor decides to reject, s/he informs the Editor-in-Chief regarding his/her decision and the Editor-in-Chief makes the final decision.
- If the handling editor decides to see changes in the manuscript before sending it for a second round of reviews, s/he invites the authors to address the comments from at least two reviewers and the handling editor.
- Once the authors return the revised manuscript, the handling editor screens if everything is firmly addressed. Thereafter, s/he may return for further improvement or invite reviewers to renew the revised manuscript.
- The reviewers will provide feedback to the revised manuscript and return their views to the handling editor.
- Based on comments from the reviewers, the handling editor either recommends acceptance/rejection of the paper or invites the authors once again to address the comments raised by the reviewers.
- Finally, based on the recommendation from the handling editor, the Editor-in-Chief sends the final decision to the corresponding author.
- The first round of review usually takes place within less than a month. Meanwhile, the second round of review usually takes place within two weeks. However, some fluctuations based on the reviewers’ availability may occur.
Reviewers are provided with clear instructions to judge the manuscript on the following aspects:
- Quality/novelty of the contribution
- Need for the research and possible implications (theoretical/practical)
- Quality of English language
- Quality of citation and literature
- Quality of illustrations
- Is the topic worth of investigation?
- Are the conclusions supported by data?
- Is the method replicable?
- Is the message of the paper clear?
- Does the paper fit in the scope of the journal?
- Does the paper report a new idea/result? In the case of the collection of information from others without fulfilling the review article level, please directly reject the manuscript.
- In case of possible plagiarism, please also report.
Based on the reviewers' assessments, one of the following recommendations is made:
- Major Revisions (followed by a second round of review)
- Minor Revisions (the handling editor will decide based on the revisions made by the authors)
Sources of Support
The open access funding is supported by the Research and Training Unit, Department of Civil Engineering, Pulchowk Campus, Tribhuvan University, Nepal.
Nepal Journal of Civil Engineering is published by the Research and Training Unit, Department of Civil Engineering, Pulchowk Campus, Tribhuvan University, Nepal.