Established by INASP in 2007. Managed by Tribhuvan University Central Library.
Nepal Journals Online (NepJOL) is a service to provide online publication of Nepalese journals. For more information about NepJOL and how to join the service, see the About page.
About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Literary Association of Nepal (LAN) aims at promoting academic, literary and research scholarship with three objectives: (i) to disseminate Nepali literature abroad, (ii) to provide a forum for the study of foreign literature in Nepal, and (iii) to promote creative writing. The journal, since its inception, has been publishing articles on diverse issues of literature.
Guidelines for Peer-Reviewers
Literary Studies is a peer–reviewed, open access publication in the academic discipline of arts and humanities. Ever since its establishment, Literary Association of Nepal has been annually bringing out researches on seminal issues in literary studies, cultural studies, performance arts, discourse analysis, interdisciplinarity, visual arts, and so on.
The journal uses double-blind review without disclosure of identities of the author and reviewer throughout the peer-review process. We recommend the following guidelines for the reviewers to ensure the quality of the journal:
- Before accepting to review a manuscript, please make sure that the manuscript is within the area of your expertise.
- Please ensure that the review process is confidential.
- Please assess whether the purpose of the manuscript is clearly stated.
- Evaluate whether the author focuses on key idea or major argument.
- Do the evidences or arguments suffice to support the issue(s) raised in the draft article?
- Please make sure that it is free from prejudices in terms of class, sex, gender, profession, region, religion, nationality, physical ability and so on.
- Please make sure that it is free from errors related to grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Please examine if there is plagiarism.
- Please confirm that the author(s) have followed the given instructions.
- Reviewers are welcome to offer their suggestions and make corrections.
- Submission of the review in time will be highly appreciated.
- Please recommend your judgment in one of the following:
- Accept with minor revision;
- Accept with moderate revision;
- Accept with major revision; or,
The journal is published annually.
Authors are required to transfer their copyright to the Literary Association of Nepal (LAN).
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Membership of the Literary Association of Nepal
Individual NRs. 200.00 / US $10 Institutional NRs. 500.00.
For membership enquiries contact the Literary Association of Nepal (LAN) Kathmandu, Nepal
Telephone: +977- 9851075124
Sources of Support
The journal is supported by institutional funds and the sale of hard copies.
Literary Studies is published by the Literary Association of Nepal.