Rare Co-occurrence of Ocular Myasthenia Gravis in Hyperthyroidism: A Case Report
Keywords:Hyperthyroidism, Ocular myasthenia gravis, Ice pack test
A rare clinical presentation of ocular myasthenia gravis (OMG) with thyroid disorders, has been reported and documented in the past. There is similarity in the presentation of patients with OMG and thyroid opthalmopathy as a complication of thyrotoxi- cosis. The tendency of myasthenia gravis to get overlooked as separate entity despite having thyrotoxic presentation con-comit- tantly necessitates knowledge, thorough examination, and an experienced approach, to aid in its diagnosis. We have discussed two cases in a thyrotoxic state, with symptoms of ocular myasthenia gravis and clinical approach in our setting.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Journal of Universal College of Medical Sciences
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors have to give the following undertakings along with their article:
- I/we declare that this article is original and has not been submitted to another journal for publication.
- I/we declare that I/we surrender all the rights to the editor of the journal and if published will be the property of the journal and we will not publish it anywhere else, in full or part, without the permission of the Chief Editor.
- Institutional ethical and research committee clearance certificate from the institution where work/research was done, is required to be submitted.
- Articles in the Journal are Open Access articles published under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/)
- This license permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, and it is not used for commercial purposes.