Tenets of Specimen Management in Diagnostic Microbiology
Keywords:Clinicians, Clinical microbiologist, Microbiology laboratory, Specimen management
The interpretation of microbiological results depends, to a large extent, on the quality of the samples received for investigations. Even with the advancements in laboratory automation and integration of molecular diagnosis in microbiology, interpretation of results still depends on the quality of specimens received. Therefore, an appropriate management of the samples is necessary to achieve an optimal diagnosis in microbiology laboratory. Recently, clinical microbiologists have begun to promote specimen management as a process critical to diagnostic success. Microbiology laboratory results that are accurate, signiﬁcant and clinically relevant depend almost entirely on specimen management process. This article review the specimen management process, special skills and precise concepts required to collect the specimens for effective methods in diagnosis.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Journal of Universal College of Medical Sciences
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors have to give the following undertakings along with their article:
- I/we declare that this article is original and has not been submitted to another journal for publication.
- I/we declare that I/we surrender all the rights to the editor of the journal and if published will be the property of the journal and we will not publish it anywhere else, in full or part, without the permission of the Chief Editor.
- Institutional ethical and research committee clearance certificate from the institution where work/research was done, is required to be submitted.
- Articles in the Journal are Open Access articles published under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/)
- This license permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, and it is not used for commercial purposes.