Quality of Life in Patient with Acne Vulgaris
Keywords:Quality of life, Clinical severity, Acne grade, Acne vulgaris
INTRODUCTION Acne Vulgaris is one of the common skin disease which can impair the quality of life of the individual. This study is done to assess the quality of life in patient with acne using Dermatology life quality index (DLQI) and Cardiff acne disability index (CADI).
MATERIAL AND METHODS This was a cross-sectional, questionnaire-based study in 101 patients of acne vulgaris at dermatology and Venerology OPD of Universal College of Medical Science, Bhairahawa, Nepal. The participants were given DLQI and CADI to assess the quality of life. The severity of acne was assessed by simple grading system.
RESULTS There was some effect in quality of life in patient with acne but there was no signiﬁcant relation with severity of acne and quality of life.
CONCLUSION Psychological assessment should be done in patient with acne vulgaris as it can have negative effect in quality of life.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Journal of Universal College of Medical Sciences
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors have to give the following undertakings along with their article:
- I/we declare that this article is original and has not been submitted to another journal for publication.
- I/we declare that I/we surrender all the rights to the editor of the journal and if published will be the property of the journal and we will not publish it anywhere else, in full or part, without the permission of the Chief Editor.
- Institutional ethical and research committee clearance certificate from the institution where work/research was done, is required to be submitted.
- Articles in the Journal are Open Access articles published under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/)
- This license permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, and it is not used for commercial purposes.