AN UNUSUAL INJURY FROM TOOTHBRUSH: A CASE REPORT
Keywords:Tooth brush, Trauma, Surgical intervention
Tooth brush plays a vital role in the maintenance of oral health and dental hygiene. Regular brushing is widely advocated by dental surgeon in terms of decreasing dental caries and periodontal problems. Though, there has been decrease in diseases due to sequale of poor oral hygiene, at the same time there are also inherent risk of accidental trauma to the surrounding soft tissue during the act of brushing, more commonly when handled by children. This paper presents a case report of a penetrating toothbrush trauma embedded in buccal soft tissue which required surgical intervention in a child patient
Journal of Universal College of Medical Sciences
Vol. 6, No. 1, 2018, Page: 66-68
How to Cite
Authors have to give the following undertakings along with their article:
- I/we declare that this article is original and has not been submitted to another journal for publication.
- I/we declare that I/we surrender all the rights to the editor of the journal and if published will be the property of the journal and we will not publish it anywhere else, in full or part, without the permission of the Chief Editor.
- Institutional ethical and research committee clearance certificate from the institution where work/research was done, is required to be submitted.
- Articles in the Journal are Open Access articles published under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/)
- This license permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, and it is not used for commercial purposes.