Concurrent Varicella with Herpes Zoster in A Child
Keywords:Concurrent, Varicella, Herpes Zoster
A 3 year old girl presented with a two- day history of multiple fluid filled lesions on buttocks and back of left thigh. As informed by the child's mother, she had fever 4 days back and was irritable with pain and discomfort on back of the left thigh. The pain was episodic and radiated from buttocks to the leg. On examination, multiple fluid filled lesions of various sizes with surrounding erythema were present involving the S1, S2, S3 dermatomes extending from buttock to the sole sparing few areas in between the vesicles. On further examination of whole body, there were multiple discrete fluid filled lesions on erythematous base ranging from 0.1 to 0.3 mm diameter in size on chest, abdomen and back. Multinucleated giant cells with acantholytic cells were found in Tzank smears. Diagnosis of concurrent varicella with herpes zoster was made.
Journal of Universal College of Medical Sciences (2016) Vol.04 No.01 Issue 13, Page: 38-40
How to Cite
Authors have to give the following undertakings along with their article:
- I/we declare that this article is original and has not been submitted to another journal for publication.
- I/we declare that I/we surrender all the rights to the editor of the journal and if published will be the property of the journal and we will not publish it anywhere else, in full or part, without the permission of the Chief Editor.
- Institutional ethical and research committee clearance certificate from the institution where work/research was done, is required to be submitted.
- Articles in the Journal are Open Access articles published under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/)
- This license permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, and it is not used for commercial purposes.